Sawyer + Sunny Boutique is a "mama owned" maternity and baby store located in Sydney, Nova Scotia. It offers carefully created and curated maternity clothing, baby products, and gifts.
Owner, Rochelle Simmons, has dreamt of creating this space for parents and babies in her community for years, but it wasn't until the birth of her daughter, Sawyer, that she decided it was time.
This driven mama left her corporate career, and made her dream become a reality. After all, if she wants to encourage her young daughter to follow her heart and go for it, she needs to lead by example.
- Offers a baby change room, feeding corner (with comfortable chairs and bottle warmers), a community resource board, and lots of seating for customers that would like to rest.
- Is a "no judgement zone" where parents can meet and shop for high quality products for themselves and their babes.
- Offers a supportive hand. Whether it is selecting a gift for a new baby in your life, or helping a parent select clothing for their beautiful and changing body.
- Hosts parent + baby groups, workshops and childbirth education classes. These workshops and classes are led by incredible people in the community, such as Amber Tapley of Amber Dawn Holistic Wellness.
- Amber is an amazing doula, childbirth educator, maternal support practitioner and massage therapist who happens to be an "internal neighbour". Her beautiful treatment space is located at the entrance of Sawyer + Sunny!
Rochelle both designs and hand selects products that meet her high standard of safety, practicality, sustainability and quality. Both #momlife and countless hours of research enable her to have a pulse on some real gems. These products are all produced ethically, and are sometimes, made locally.